Saturday, March 23, 2013

Here's a sneak peak of tomorrows' events in my upcoming Mordheim game:


The terrain is my facsimile of the eponymous ruined city itself, a collection of plastic towers salvaged from my basement, impromptu papercraft, (Bright pink alter of Chaos, anyone?), and purpose-manufactured cardstock terrain by Games Workshop themselves, which I received as a gift. This deployed in the most strategically stimulating and thematically appealing way me and my friends can devise, will be the battleground of tomorrow.


Of course, for a four by four foot space, I really should add a bit more scenery to get the feel of a ruined city, and not just a devastated farmers' market on the great plains. Luckily, I was able to get quite a bit of Balsa wood from Misty Hollow at a great price, seeing as one dowel was snapped and one sheet was scored. These will soon become the dilapidated husks of once-prosperous shops, the shanty impromptu shelters of looters and mad cultists, the spires of demonic structures bursting from the cobbles of a city claimed by unknowable and infinite evil even whilst engulfed in petty mortal warfare. I'm also making some ladders and bridges to link up buildings, which I think should be pretty cool.


Also, you all might be seeing some of Reapers' new minis in shops recently, advertised as not requiring primer. As it happens, they don't work that well. This here troll did not get any primer before I began painting him, just a toothbrush scrub and soapy washing. Even though that should have gotten the mold breaker off, the paint still doesn't want to cooperate. It was an honest nightmare to work with, (Which is why I never did more than a bit of basecoating), and I really recommend priming them regardless of fanciful promises.

Alright, that's all I have to share today. Best of luck with all your games and all your projects, and may you all enjoy tomorrows' update. I know I will!

Take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment