Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Remember that big, angry boar rider? He's fully painted and ready for basing.

Our tribally painted rider is raring to go!

The boar also has warpaint. I didn't thin the warpaints much
to try and make it look like thick, hastily applied decoration-not a work of art.

The jawbone axe is the only part of the model I'm really pleased with, but I think it could use it bit more contrast. (It looks monochrome in the photo)

He rides away in search of a new foe.

There's one! Soupbeard McAwesome, human mercenary of The Empire, has left the ruined streets of Mordheim to go slay Orcs on my display shelf! You can see here that the drybrushing is really visible and feathery-my least favorite thing about the model. The wash also killed the contrast on the fur, which sucks. Regardless, he looks okay to me from tabletop distance, so into the army he goes!

See you all soon, I'll have some pictures from Bearcon to share with you all.

Take care!

3 comments:

  1. This is looking great ! I never had the patience to actually paint those models once I bought them... But I used to remember all the rules of my Bretonnian Supreme Archery squad led by Champions of The Aquan Light as the spearhead of my Knight and Bowmen army...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Yoel I'm Jaeyoon I hope you are happy and healthy. I'm fine in Korea and I go to Korean school Monday to Friday. I want to show u something. If you like it, then you can show it to your friends.



    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASO_zypdnsQ


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASO_zypdnsQ


    ReplyDelete